Google +

Add This

Bookmark and Share

Sunday, April 11, 2010

element14: Don't bother designing green anymore?

element14: Don't bother designing green anymore?: "Apr 9, 2010 7:43 PM
Don't bother designing green anymore?
Beside saving power consumption in a design, does anyone 'think green' in their designs whatsoever?

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but usually making a green product comes after I've finished the concept. Then I just crowbar as much 'green' in as I can into the system without jeopardizing functionality. Perhaps I should start with the goal of protecting the environment, and build around that idea.

Often I am stuck between deadlines and virtues. At one moment, I've been asked to explain why I am off schedule. And another moment I have to sit through a department head lecture about his latest whim to 'design green,' and explain why I haven't done that either.

A new environmental design methodology I can read about anywhere?"


Link

No comments: